Sunday, November 4, 2012

Tasty Bits 1

In addition to the posts describing the prep of the recipes in the 101 Recipe Challenge - I'm going to be writing additional posts with random thoughts, additional information and other fun "tasty bits".  That is the one of the best parts of cooking isn't it?  Grabbing those little "too cooked" or "over crunchy" bits from the bottom of the pan after the meal has been cooked.  The tastiest french fry to me has always been the little, itty bitty runt fry that is crunchy all the way through.  When making oven fried chicken, I often crave the crunchies left in the bottom of the pan after the chicken has been cooked.

I won't be pushing links to these tasty bits out via Twitter, Facebook or Pinterest, at least at first.  I'd like to see how the views accumulate, or don't.  Part of the ever evolving experiment of this blog.

This evening I made one of the 101 recipes for a second time, this time in a normal, everyday situation, but with a few changes.  Instead of using ground beef or chopped steak, I used chopped chicken breast.  I also switched out the matchstick potatoes for noodles and changed the beef stock for chicken stock and doubled the sauce.  The meal turned out fantastic, thought as with many times, chicken that is pan fried turns out to be a bit tough. 

Another little bit - while I'm thinking about it.  I need to start looking up ways to encourage comments on my posts.  The traffic is interesting, but I think that I would really enjoy conversations that may be initiated by comments.  When I post links on the FB page, people comment on the links, but not on the posts.  Frustrating, but I'll get there.


No comments:

Post a Comment